Recently, I’ve noticed that many of the products in my bathroom cabinet have multiple uses, and I’m all for products that give you more bang for your buck! Here are five of my favorite double-duty (or more) beauty products – you may be surprised by some.
- Vaseline – In my opinion, Vaseline is a miracle worker. Despite its thick consistency and deep moisture benefits, it is non-comedogenic. In other words, it won’t clog your pores and cause breakouts. You can use Vaseline to moisturize lips, protect windburned or sunburned skin, treat lashes overnight, or give a serious moisture boost to dry feet.
- Heat spray – I tried out this heat-protecting styling spray from Tresemme when I wanted to start taking better care of my frequently heat-styled hair. But I have also found that it helps to boost my curls when I let my hair air dry (weird, right?). On humid days, I can get away wearing my hair wavy or curly with just this product. If you have naturally wavy or curly hair, just spray this in your hair when it’s wet and scrunch hair while it air dries. Let me know if it works for you!
- Clear mascara – I like clear mascara for those days when you would like a little lash boost but don’t want to look like you’re wearing makeup. Plus, you can keep it handy to tame your brows. The Cover Girl mascara shown above is OLD, but still works great since I use it sparingly :).
- Shimmer primer – I swear by this Smashbox primer to keep my makeup in place for a long day or night. Plus, it has a slight shimmer effect, and it can also be used over makeup! I like to highlight my cheek and brow bones with it for some extra oomph on a special night. Plus, it’s one of the only oil-free primers I’ve been able to find!
- Lip stain – I received this Stainiac lip stain in my Birchbox last month, and I’m loving the subtle flush it gives me. You can use it on lips or cheeks. And don’t be afraid of the punchy color of the bottle – it goes on very sheer.
What double-duty products do you use?